Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where I would like to go next: # 1 (2011)

So, I love to travel, and  this was a big big year.  Trips to Iceland and South Africa were the headlines - and we are on our way to England and Barcelona this month.
.
And I love that.  I can't wait to see friends and spend time in Barcelona - a new adventure!
.
And yet, my wandering eye always casts about for the next trip.  Not because I am unappreciative of what I have, but because day-dreaming is fun.  So here is kind of my "next list" top five (not in any order).
.
#1 Dubrovnik Croatia.
.
Why and where?  Well Wikipedia has details, but for me some of the most amazing things are an ancient walled city ruled for hundreds of years by a Venice-like Republic.  It was also home to Jews fleeing Spain and Portugal from the Inquisition. it seems to have survived the Napoleonic Wars and the World Wars relatively unscathed.
.
It looks beautiful and full of history.