Thursday, February 02, 2012

Adam Pascal and Memphis

So I saw Memphis last night with Adam Pascal.
.
I gotta say, I can't believe how much Adam Pascal has grown as an actor and singer.  I first saw him almost 15 years ago for the first time in Rent.  In the original - I kind of thought he was one of the weaker members.  MILES better than I could ever be, don't get me wrong - but not the best in the show.
.
A few years later I saw him in Aida.  He was much better, particularly his singing.
.
Even in Chess - the Victoria Hall version, I saw too much "Roger" in his American.
.
But now, in Memphis, I really liked him.  As the Huey, the white boy, in love with beautiful black singer, Felicia, he acted as someone completely different.  And he sang well, in character - except on the occasions where he had to really let go a belt it.  And he can now.
.
Felicia, played by Montego Glover, was an amazing and vocally Adam kept up with her.
Memphis

Aida

Rent
Memphis Lives In Me - by Adam.