Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It is Related, so probably too expensive, but...

Since I haven't shared an "I want.." for a while I thought ... today's the day.
.
This is more of  a "I think I want" than a fully formed "I want".  You see, I am a little annoyed with the neighborhood.  It's.... too busy right now for me.  So I have been scoping out new places.  Now my Eddie has no desire to move to the burbs, and neither one of us want to live in a rehab in the city.  I mean, I cannot imagine trying to get things rebuilt or changed in New York - qu'll nachmare.  And central air is kind of a deal killer.
.
The building below was started a few years back, but halted, almost post-construction, in 2010.  As a matter of fact, 21 units were sold and people moved in, before the developer went bust and the building has stayed in limbo.
.
I LOVE the building.  I went down about 18 months ago specifically to see if there was a contact so I could look at it, but nothing.  Well, now it has been purchased by a new group and work restarted.
.
Unfortunately it is the "Related" group.  They build the AOL towers and MIMA.  They tend to overdo the amenities so that they can charge stupid high rental rates and don't sell them as condos.
.
But, if they end up going for sale -  I do want one :-).
.