Thursday, October 25, 2012

David Mamet has 2 big plays on Broadway

So this season has two big plays by David Mamet.
.
The first is a revival of Glengarry Glen Ross with Al Pacino - as well as "some other guys" who aren't important enough to make the poster.
.
The poster is so hip on Pacino, it doesn't even mention the "other guys" who include Bobby Cannavale or John C McGinley or, you know, the full title of the show.
.
I think I'll pass on the full on WHO..AHH! Pacino experience.  Mamet isn't subtle and Pacino isn't subtle and together I can hear the previews from my apartment 3 blocks away.
.
I don't know why it annoys me, it shouldn't - but it does.  I heard they were goign to put a picture of Pacino on the poster, but he head wouldn't fite.
.
The second show is The Anarchist with Debra Winger and Patti Lupone.  I might have to see that.  Those are some good actors.  Mamet is directing this, and it should be really good.  It's Mamet, so no musical - but Patti Lupone is supposed to be great.