Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Thank you

Wow, the Minnesota United For All Families prevailed.  I have to say, of all the marriage amendments on the ballot, this meant the most to me.  Ed has tons of family (and I have in-laws) in Minnesota, as well as a lot of friends.  We hosted a fund raiser here in New York for them  - and even though we didn't raise the most money or make the biggest noise, many of the leaders of the movement spoke here.
.
I honestly am touched that Minnesota voted to NOT enshrine discrimination in their Constitution.
.

As for the rest of the votes for Marriage Equality.  After not winning on the ballot before, Marriage Equality swept all three states this time.  A huge thanks to voters in Maine, Maryland and Washington.  You all did what my state (California) so clearly did not, looked past the bullshit and into people's hearts.


.
.