Sunday, August 25, 2013

So.. this reminds me of a funny story

Here's the thing.  Sometimes cards make you laugh uproariously for all the wrong reasons.  Allow me to share my particular wrong reason for finding this high-lar-E-ous.
.
So, when I was younger and my mother was a very attractive under 30, her mother - kind-o-passive agressive, wanted to tell her she needed to lose some weight.  There are many many MANY bad ways to express this to your adult daughter.  One of the worst, apparently, is to buy her a swimming suit with a little skirt attached.  When she is in her twenties.
.
My mother swore this was a non-too subtle affront.
.
My grandmother (Honey) swore it was a simple mistake.
.
And by swore, I mean not affirmed to our Lord, but rather, released a stream of curse words that built up one on top of the other in an unique and instructional way.  I do not remember how the argument was ultimately settled, but the swimsuit showed up on Honey one day (to prove it was lovely and not built for a fatty) and my mom showed up in a two piece to prove that she wasn't "a hundred years old".
.
Today I saw this card, and laughed uproariously remembering back on simpler times.
.