Saturday, December 07, 2013

So I am driving today and I realize ....

Today was the Jajce to Mostar day.  Jajce, like Travnik and other cities before this, has been beautiful and heart warming.  And then I drive to Mostar.
.
Mostar which first made me fall in love with this country.
.
Well the drive to Jajce to Mostar goes over a different pass.  All the rivers until today flow north to the Danubue and then out to the Black Sea.  Today I hit the costal range.  I don't know the official name (I think they might be part of the lower Julian Alps, but it doesn't really matter - because they are the costal range.  The same range type just outside of LA or Oceanside or San  Diego or Santa Barbara.
.
The weather changed from -1C to +9 C, which doesn't seem like much (30 - 48 ish) but it is.  No snow, heck very little rain based plants.  It is like the chapperal of home.  The is probably why the Herzegovina part of Bosnis Herzegovina calls to me so.  It is so much like home, it's not even funny (yes probably everyone saw that but me).
.
Later, in Mostar and beyond, the locals are wearing parkas with the furry hoods up in 50 degrees - and I smile, because ... well that is my friends.  Seiously, I remembe when a high of 50 - maybe down to the 40s overnight caused old Fritz Coleman to put up pictures of frosty the snowman.
.
When I am back I'll put up some pictures I took while driving (yes - I know, but there was no place to pull over!) and you'll see what I mean.