Wednesday, April 09, 2014

May Steve Jobs Haunt You All; Evil Apple "Developers"

Well kids, it's o-o-o-over.
.
I hate phones.  Everyone knows that, right?  I hate to talk on one, I hate to have one, I hate them.
.
But I have an iPhone.  And why?  Because I got very used to carrying my iPod in New York City.  And I should have a phone.  So I got an iPhone 3x.  Worked great.
.
Really, worked great.
.
Connectivity gets upgraded, time passes I get an iPhone 4s. Still works great.  I now use 3 things, the music, the camera and the phone (in that order), but it works great.
.
And then they update the software.
.
And it sucks.  Now I am sure they cannot be that bad as developers.  I know that if they introduce little bugs in the older iPhone, they will get me to upgrade.  So little bugs are introduced.  I live with that.  I go through and turn off all that auto-upgrade crap, ignore their stupid maps.  Really I get it.
.
But the last two updates have screwed up my music download / sync.  Not just mine, there are thousands of messages about how it sucks.
.
But it is too obvious.  If the phone can't do what I do most - I am getting a new one.  A new HTC ONE (M8).  you know all it would have taken me to keep me an Apple user.  Don't screw up my music.
.
One Apple "Genius" suggested I run my music off the cloud.  I could get anything anytime.
.
Except in the subway - where I commute you dipstick.  And in my office, where financial firms in new York block WiFi so you can't steal secrets.  So it would work great except on my commute and at work.
.
I'll let you know how it all works out (and yes, the first thing I checked is that I can transfer all my iTunes to HTC One (M8) Google Play.