Monday, July 21, 2014

Cheese Curds in New Yawk City

Remember that commercial about Pace Salsa, where the cowboys were incredulous that salsa was made in New York City.  I didn't particularly like the commercial, because Pace Salsa is pretty vile.  (the best is Herdez, where you can get it).
Hot Pots and Elizabeth has a "traditional" bar-b-q chicken lunch
.
Anyway, Eddie and I had a nice brunch with our friend Elizabeth Sunday.  We ate at Barn Joo - a very fun little Korean restaurant.  Here is a picture of the brunch food.  Very yummy!
.
Afterwards, Eddie and I went across the street to Beecher Cheese store.  We expected a hoity toity cheese store.  Instead we were greeted by a high end cheese-making facility.
.
Cheese Making Vats

Yep, the same vats I first saw in Wisconsin (where a nice family explained then to me) was right there.
.

We were shocked, and then, almost immediately, realized they might have cheese curds.  Now, there were expense, but they were pretty damn good.  How good?  Well, they didn't last the afternoon at home and Trevor and I didn't get very many at all :-).
.
On the way out I took a picture of the lights, I loved them.
Very Cool Lights