Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"art"

I find this "Art" a bit hard to understand the point of. Don't get me wrong, it's cute as a baby in a blue binkie.
.
  I mean I fully admit I am neither an Art Critic nor a Art Major so this might be beyond. Me.  It's cute, but I don't see a big meaning in it.
.

.
It is called "Split Rocker" by Jeff Koons.  Jeff Koons is having a very large retrospective at the Whitney as the last show in the current Museum before it moves down to Meat Packing (see earlier post).
.
Split Rocker is based on his son's toys.  One half is based on a pony rocking chair, and the other half on a dinosaur rocking chair.
.
He created 2 of these, one is owned by a collector and the other (this one) owned by Mr. Koons.  It has been erected 3 times previously, but this is the first showing of it in America.  It is huge and c ute - but is it "Art".