Friday, November 21, 2014

And that got me thinking

So, my brain makes random connections all the time.  Random. connections  All.The.Time.
.
So I love reading someone else’s prose who’s brain works as my does.  This time it was an Entertainment Weekly Recap of Survivor the other night (LINK).  Read this wonderful digression….
.
The immunity challenge was a foot fetishist’s dream! Seriously, Rex Ryan must have watched, rewound, paused, slow-mo’d, and rewatched this thing like 1,000 times. The object was to unspool a rope holding up blocks and then stack the blocks and flag using only your feet. It actually got me thinking about that Dug podracer Sebulba fromThe Phantom Menace, who did everything with his feet. And then that got me thinking about Jar Jar Binks. And that got me thinking about Darth Vader as an annoying little kid running around yelling "Yippee!" for no reason. And that got me thinking about how Han Solo no longer shoots first, because even though that is not even in the same movie, everything about Star Wars comes back to the fact that Han Solo no longer shoots first and Han Solo should ALWAYS shoot first. And that got me mildly depressed 
.
For the Visual among my readers....
.
Survivor Match makes one think of foot fetish.
which brings to mind...
Sabula from the Phantom Menace who used his feet as hands.
which brings to mind...
Annoying young Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) yelling Yippee! after winning said pod race
which brings to mind
Annoying changes by George Lucas, including the rerelease of Start Wars (now Star Wars 4 a New Hope) in which Greedo shots first, this ruining Hans' mojo....