Monday, November 03, 2014

Mascot of the Month: Dawn French

Dawn French is one half of French and Saunders - a highlarious and highly talented comedy writing duo.
.
The two of them created a variety / sketch show that was very funny.  They also created Absolutely Fabulous, and Dawn was a producer / writer by didn't star int he show.  She did appear on several episodes.
.
She is also quite famous (in England) for the mainstream comedy The Vicar of Dibley.  In it, she plays a newly appointed Vicar (like a parish priest) to the town of Dibley.  The residents are not ready for a female Vicar, nor one with a sense of humor (and an affinity for horrid puns and bad jokes).
.
I have loved her since I caught the first season of French and Saunders (bop - a do be doo) over 20 years ago on Public TV.
.
That first season isn't available on DVD - and I wore out my VHS copies many moons ago, but it convinced me that I loved British humor, if that is what it was.  (Actually I just checked and found that they have finally released the entire first series on DVD - yay!).
.
Here is one of the very funny sketches they did from a later series.
.

.
I find her very funny and she always makes me feel better.  So Mascot of the Month is Dawn French!