Friday, February 13, 2015

Don't Get Cocky Liberals - We Have Our Own Dipshits...

I subscribe - as you all know - to a liberal doctrine.  I still believe that education is good, science helps man and there are some things (...establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity...) that a government can do that the Koch Brothers can't.
.
And I often find fault with our Politicians, right and left - but mainly right - that worship at the alter of Campaign funds.  But I want to call out a writer on the left that is bat-shit crazy.

.
Every time I read something by him (Patrick L. Smith) in Salon, I question their sanity.   Does Salon really think this guy deserves a platform from which to spew nincompoopery?  His claim to fame is He was the International Herald Tribune’s bureau chief in Hong Kong and then Tokyo from 1985 to 1992.  Which sounds very impressive until you realize that the International Herald Tribune is still published and what has he done since then?  I mean 1985 was 30 years ago.  He hasn't done much in the last 23 years and I think maybe he has lost it a little.
.
He has been on a kick about how the West started the War in Ukraine every since Russia annexed Crimea.  At first I though he might just be a Russian apologist, but now I think he is, instead, nuts.  He sees conspiracies everywhere, and he might be right in a place or two, once upon a time.  But now he seems them everywhere all the time.
.
I picture a crazy old man, holding up the New York Times every morning screaming about what a Conservative Rag it has become.