Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Saw Passengers This Week-end: Surprisingly Liked It

Maybe it is expectations, but I liked Passengers.  I had heard it was pretty bad, but I disagree. It was entertaining, surprising in ways and made sense within itself.
Pretty people in a pretty spaceship.
It helps that it has Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. Although, to be honest, Chris Pratt doesn't do it for me. He is just not my type at all.  On the other hand, I think Jennifer Lawrence is a gorgeous woman.

Anyway, they are both pretty darn good in the movie and the sets are beautiful - albeit a bit monotonous after a while. The story is more interesting than would be expected from a "danger in space" story.
The "Grand Concourse" - Kind of a solar mall, albeit emtpy.

I liked it.

(And no, I am not commenting on Trump's outrage of the day - nor on the Republicans' chicken shit move to disband the ethics committee.)