Monday, November 02, 2015

Mascot of November: The Wachowskis

Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski and Tom Tykwer (co-Director Cloud Atlas)
Andy and Lana Wachowski have the kind of imagination that one dreams of.  One dreams of having it, and also dreams in it.
.
Want to see their wonderment?  Maybe you won't like Cloud Atlas, but this trailer will make you want to.

.
They are the mascots this month.  I kind of am in awe of them, even though others really aren't any more.
.
Sense 8 - Cute Chicago Cop and Cut Icelandic Girl DJ
There current project is Sense 8 on Netflix.  I devoured the first season, and can't wait for more.  It blew me away.
Two more of Sense 8's leads.  The diversity isn 't force, just natural for them.
The blew everyone away the first time with The Matrix.  The introduced so many ideas that are now staples of the movies and also introduced super slow mo bullet time.  I mean, it is everywhere now.
Bullet Time
.
If you were blown away the first time Neo stopped bullets, then you can't be blown away.
Their first movie was Bound, and if you didn't see that, then you have no lesbian friends.  I was taken to this by Lauren.  It is Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly being hyper-erotic.  I mean, wowza.
These two burn up the screen.  Watch it!

My favorite movie of their was Cloud Atlas.  They were able to pull that giant sprawling (I thought horrible) book and make magic.  Even with Ton Hanks hamming it up, I loved it.
My Favorite Story

.
Of course, they have their misses too.  I heard Speed Racer was a bit of a nightmare.
No More Caffine

.
And most people hated Jupiter Ascending, but I dug it.
.
Jupiter Ascending is an acquired tase
So, for hard work, and imagination that blows me away, and the worse dreads in the business, here's to The Wachowskis.