Sunday, July 18, 2004

Here in Hong Kong

Well, I arrived in Hong Kong this morning (if this morning is Sunday morning where you are).  The flight was a 14 hour direct flight from LAX to Hong Kong (nice) that left at 1:50 AM (not nice!).
 
It was 82 and humid when we landed at 6AM so you can imagine how great I look.  I was going to sleep, but that didn't work out.  Plus it turns out that I only wore 1 button up  short sleeve shirt.  Well that is screwed.  I sweat like a tiger in the t-shirts so I wanted to go buy a couple more button up shirts. 
 
Not easy.  First, button up short sleeve shirts are not all the rage here.  The stores that have them are very upscale, and I am not paying a ton.  The stores that have them cheap are Chinese and I am bigger than and extra large in Hong Kong.
 
Who came to my rescue?  Marks and Sparks - that's who.  There is a Marks and Spencer right up the road with real sizes, real cheap.
 
How's Hong Kong I hear you ask.  Hummmmm....
 
It is very cutting edge circa 1985.  I think Shang-hai has passed it by.  However, there is a lot of money here.  Most people speak English and I do like it.  It has a lot more history than Singapore.  I look right out on the Bank of China building - which is very cool.
 
Anyway, it is nice here.  I am going up to my room for a little lie down before dinner.
 
I love you honey.