Thursday, September 09, 2004

Ed "I told you so..."

So last night, after our Jaquzzi (thank you honey), Ed says to me, "Doesn't it look like rain."

Not thinking, I answered honestly, "No. Not really."

Ed said, looking at the beautiful sunset, and the clouds rolling, "Look at that. It looks like rain."

I said (and here was my mistake), "It never looks like rain to me. I mean, all June there are clouds, it never rains. That looks like the on-shore flow to me." (FYI- the on-shore flow is when the clouds blow in from the ocean, and burn off early. On TV they used to have a cartoon picture of the waitress Flo - from Alice - sitting over the ocean - blowing at the land. But I digress.)

So I get to work, listen to my messages, go get coffee. Once again my little message light is blinking. 1 message. "Just wanted you to know, I got rained on - on my way to work." buzz.

Yes honey, it looks like rain. (I should have just agreed in the beginning.)