Friday, September 10, 2004

Old Man Car

So I took my cute and butch truck into the shop yesterday for a oil change / lube and to check a problem with the power steering. Turns out that there is a leak in my power steering pump (sure how much does that cost?).

To my surprise, it is free as it is under warranty. And, also to my surprise, I get a free loaner. So I got a Nissan Altima. It is a new one with only 700 miles. It is a grandpa car.

It isn’t that big, but it feels like a boat. It isn’t underpowered, but it feels like it most of the time – because you don’t slam a car like that up the hill. The seats are semi-reclined all the time. Ed and I took it to Prizzi’s (that gal says hi to Jo and Don – fyi), and we made raucous fun of the car.

I got up today and drove it to work. You know, on the commute, on city streets, in rush hour. I (ummh…), okay I’ll say it. I liked driving it. It was easy and relaxing. And, since you are in a comfortable car (any grandpa or father would be fine driving) you don’t mind the crazys so much.

I take it back this afternoon to retrieve my truck, and I will be happy to get it back (and hope they did not steal Puss N Boots from the dash) – but that car wasn’t all that bad.
Shudda up wipersnapper.