Friday, January 07, 2005

Here's the problem with International Management

I don't mean to boo de hoo - poor little Scooter - but... wahhhhh!

You see every morning I come in to electronic mail.

I know view my electronic mail as a toilet bowl that the people before me refused to flush.

First I got just the lazy people. These would be my Asia customers. There notes start at about 6PM and go for about 10 hours. They work themselves up to a tizzy - only to recover quite often. So I get to follow their freak-out, and hopefully their chill-out through the mail. That's easy - jsut a quick flush (read) and off we go.

Then there is Europe. These are the floaters. Because you can flush and flush - but they still want to complain. Even when your answer gets them WHAT THEY WANT EARLIER THAN THEY WANT IT AND FOR FREE they aren't happy. Because you didn't think of them first. You flush and flush and flush - and still they float there. Finally you walk away.

And don't even get me started on the Germans. It's like walking into a toilet where people just missed the bowl.

How's your monring.