Friday, April 22, 2005

Simple Pleasures

There are simple pleasures in life.

Today a note from my Mom - just to check in.

And from Ed's friends - the joy have having someone else clean the grout. Really, I kid you now. She is a wee bit too excited.

Subject: Alleluia!
Several weeks ago, J was trying to fix my shower
door. He spilled some cleaning product on the bathroom floor but didn't notice. When I came home from work, I wiped up the spill and much to my amazement, the ceramic tile and grout were perfectly clean where the spill had been.

I planned to strap on my knee pads and get to work when it occurred to me that I have cleaning ladies.

I asked the cleaning ladies how much it would cost to have them try to clean all of the floors and grout with this cleaner. They himmed and hawed. It would be a very big job and they would have to schedule extra time for it. They decided on $25. Fine then. Give it a try.

This morning, I left an extra $25 on the counter, a bucket, two bottles of the cleaner, rubber gloves and the special grout brush that Dad bought me. I was worried that they might pass out from the fumes, give up on the project or the cleaner really wouldn't work. Of course, there was the risk that the cleaner could harm the floors. Normally the cleaning ladies only do a cursory job so I figured the floors wouldn't turn out that great.

I just came home from work and almost cried in the doorway. Upon purchase of the house, the floors didn't look as good as they do now. I cannot believe it. I have struggled with the cursed tile and grout for almost eight years! There are no words to convey how I feel. To top it all off, it was only $25 and was completed while I was at work! I think J got the product for free at Menards!

The product used was Rubbermaid Commercial Strength Tile and Grout Cleaner available at Menards. (Scooter - "She gives us this advice just in case we want to clean grout. Can't you just see Mr. Ed down there scrubbing grout!")

Special prayers for the cleaning ladies!
PCG