Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Kentucky Derby Thoughts

Really Scott, you have thoughts on the Kentucky Derby? Why yes I do. I am a healthy, well-rounded guy.

So Ed and I are flipping channels waiting for something (I forget what) and we hit the Kentucky Derby right about a 1/2 hour before the race. Well, we are reading the paper anyway so why not watch it in the background.

You know the race - a horse came outta no where (like 18 lengths back) to win as the second biggest longshot ever to win. 52 - 1. Cool, it was fun.

So they show the trophy. Some Visa hack talks. blah blah blah, then they pan over to the California couple as they get the trophy. What!!! The California couple includes a haus-frau. Don't get me wrong, she is a pretty-ish haus-frau, but she isn't the nipped and tucked gal I would have figured a race horse owner's wife to be. I comment on this to Eddie and we both gawk.

Then they talk. This isn't the owner. This is the Governer and Frist Lady of Kentucky. the award the trophy to the California owners.

Ahhh... this is more like it. A big heavy rich guy standing with his wife. Everyone from LA knew this was the wife. Straight blond hair. Expensive spray on tan. Not a wrinkle on her face and boobs that could be used for a sun dial. She looked like his grandaughter. Yep, that is the California wife we know and love.

Speaking of wives and cheap trollops. Keney Chesney has finally realized he can't have me - so he settled for Renee Zellwigger. Sloppy seconds indeed.