Wednesday, November 16, 2005

At least put a little effort into it

Okay, I will admit that I do not understand that whole "transgender" thing. I know that some people feel trapped in the wrong gender. I know that we are suppose to be fine with it - and to be honest, I am. I don't really care one way or the other.

But, and I cannot stress this enough, slapping on a wig and a dress is not enough. I mean if you are really a woman trapped in a man's body - you would put a little work into to. Women work to look nice. I mean, that is part of the thing. If you don't put a little effort into the process, you are just a lazy man in a dress.

I bring this up today because as I am driving to work, I see a man in a wig and a dress driving a Grand Cherokee next to me. It is a reasonable expensive, fashionable pale tan houndstooth work suit with a white blouse underneath, and he is clean - so it isn't a long night of partying or anything. No, he is trhying to pull this off.

But please. First he has the man hand's, he can't help that I get it. A little lotion can't hurt. Maybe some nail polish (at least don't bite them).

But he has a red/blond wig on (with a stylish just-below-the-shoulder cut) and he has big black man eyebrows. Yes honey, it hurts to pluck or wax, welcome to womanhood. He is not wearing a lick of make-up; and he needs it. I mean, no blush, no powder and male features. Plenty of women don't wear make up, I know that. But they were born women and have been taking care of their skin. This guy looked like he had work construction until he slapped on the dress. His skin wasn't "leathery" like from the sun, but wrinkled like from work in the sun.

And, when the wig blew into his mouth, he put his head back, shook it and made the "damn it" face in the car. Not the overly feminine brush back with the pinky, not even the sexy head wave (and any good trany knows the sexy head wave comes with the whoel wrong body attitude). No, this was the annoyed, I gotta wear this stupid hairshake.

I am thinking maybe he was about to get laid off somewhere and he figures this will be the basis of his lawsuite. But still, you gotta put SOME work into it.