Saturday, January 20, 2007

So I always wondered..


So when visiting the colder climates in the past I have often wondered how people lived there. For example, when visiting New York or London in the winter, you are overly hot in the house. Then you pile on the clothes so as you walk outside you don't freeze to death.

Then you go in the (shop, theater, whatever) you are burning up and dragging your coat, hat and gloves and you start to sweat. Then you go outside, after bundling up all sweaty and gross from the store, and you freeze.

And I always thought to myself, "People who live here must know the trick to this." And I, naively, thought it would come to me.

You know the secret? ... There isn't one! All you do is sweat and freeze and sweat and freeze and apparently this occurs all winter long.

So again I must ask, how do people live like this?