Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bizzaro Bermuda Triangle

You know the Bermuda Triangle, where things go in and never come out? Apparently there is a Bizarro Bermuda Triangle in Minnesota / Wisconsin / Iowa. Where things come out and gravitate towards each other. Once again I listened to Ed’s story about some woman he meet in class. ( The place names have been changed for purposes of humor, and do you really care that West NoWhere Iowa is Ida Grove?)


Almost Actual Discussion at Wharton Business School on Monday in an "Executive" Class...

Some Woman (SW): So.. “Neppl”? You wouldn’t happened to have relatives in North West Iowa would you?
Ed: Why yes. Yes I do.

SW: My family has an action business and we just auctioned off a “Neppl” Farm in Fonda, Iowa.
Ed: That was my grandparents farm!

SW: Shut up! I’m from East NoWhere, Iowa? Do you know it?
Ed: Know it, ha! My father is buried in West NoWhere Iowa.
SW: NO!

Ed: You know that cemetery on the edge of East NoWhere, right next to South Still-Not-2- Minnesota, Iowa?
SW: Of course, I drive by it all the time on my way to Minneapolis.

Ed: My father is buried there.
SW: Wow… small world. ...
...........................So, did you ever visit Fonda?
Ed: All the time. You know the pool in Fonda, Iowa?


SW (excited voice rising): Yes…
Ed: My other grandfather was mayor when they put in that pool.
SW: Ohmygawd. I used to pee in that pool.

Ed: Me too! Ahh.. good times. So, do you still live in Iowa?
SW: No, I moved with my job (Corporate Overlord) – Dental.
Ed: In Egan Minnesota?
SW: Yes… Why?

Ed: My brother and his family live right across the street from (Corporate Overlord) – Dental.
SW: Ohmygawd so do I. Right by that little pond.
Ed: So do they!
SW: Get out! My little boy pees in that pond.


The Bizzaro Triangle…