Wednesday, February 06, 2008

With Ed Out, I saw August: Osage County


So with Ed at class, I went and saw this play, August: Osage County. I saw it without him because it is a 3 act, 3 1/4 hour non-musical play. Not so much my honey's cup 'o tea,

It was GREAT. It was about a completely disfunctional southern family with tons of issue, in a funny way. But I gotta tell you one part.

These 3 older sisters are sitting around talking about their parents... who have behaved as parents do and we never expect them to. The parents are of the age of the "greatest generation"... you know, WWII, the depression, Tom Brokaw's books. Well one sister has had enough of the "greatest generation."

Quote
"Greatest generation.. blah! Did anyone really look at ALL the generations? Because I hear some of those Iron Age generations were pretty damn good. Really... What makes them the greatest generation. The were hungry and hated the Nazi's? Hey. Everyone hated the Nazi's, that's not an accomplishment."