Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I... don't hate... New York

I am not ready to give the old I heart New York yet, or even the lame NBC "I'm 4 New York." But, there are some upsides to living here.

I love that where we live I can easily walk to a great barber, a great dermatologist and a great dentist.

I have gotten a flu (made it through the snow and 10 degree weather fine, I have a flu now- which is just wrong) and I had a dentist appointment. So I go and on the way I see my dentist walking his Schnauzer and we talk. He is like, "No problem, you feel bad. We will reschedule whenever you are ready."

True, neither my barber nor dentist nor dermatologist are from New York, but they have all lived here a while and kept a really laid back cool attitude. And not having a car is no problem. I do like that.

And I haven't drunk and driven in years. I mean, not even a little. In LA, you have to watch it, but you are going to have a cocktail or two and drive.

So there you go. I don't hate New York.