Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8.08!!!

Finally!! This has been a long haul. I've been doing this job for a year and a half with the bulls-eye on this date the whole time. It is hard to believe that it is finally here.

This is pretty exciting stuff. It is 1:30pm and the Opening Ceremonies for the Beijing Olympics start at 8pm. Right now, I am feeling a bit like an 8 year old at Christmas... having to wait to open the presents.

Odds are good that I won't be getting Tube Socks, Bear Claw slippers, or a plaid dress shirt for this Christmas, when it comes time to open them :-) (inside family joke)

I just watched the opening "tease" that will air at the beginning of the broadcast....I guarantee that Patti will cry. There are a lot of brilliant people that have worked crazy hours and spent months and years preparing to bring you a magical show.

Sit back and enjoy it. I know I will.

Peace-
Ed