Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ohhh... i am beautiful und saaaad...


So I was going down the elevator today (to put my laundry in the dryers - how fabulous!), and there were already 3 models and a normal person in the elevator.  Honestly, 2 of the models (one boy and one girl) had their fashion hoodies open, but over their head, and the other girl was dressed in layers (it is 12 zillion degrees in the elevator and a hot day outside).
.
And they all looked like their little worlds were ending.  "Boo de hoo, I'm bootiful and I poout."  Honestly, totally stand and modeling in the elevator!  Like I am so sure.  (They were also about as animated as the model in the picture.)
.
So I turn to the other woman, who is dressed for work and trying to avoid eye-contact by looking at her black berry, and I say, "It is so hard to be pretty, isn't it?"
.
And she made that snort that says you are trying to hold in a laugh, as the doors opened on my floor (29 where the washers are).  And I left and said to the 3 waifs, "Watch out for the rain."  And their little uncomprehending eyes stared at me from under their hoodies as the doors slide closed  and the black berry woman gave me a huge smile.
.
Ah the joys that come with age and bitterness.