Friday, October 24, 2008

Come with me into the Scooter Brain

As I walked the dog this morning, I felt a little disembodied.  Commenting internally, as it were, on the actions both around me and internalized.
.
"What a beautiful cold crisp morning.  It is nearly the week-end and the wind has blown most of the crap out of the air.  You know Scott, the metaphorical wind seems to even blown the political crap out of the air this fine fine morning.  No Obama posters to be seen.  No McCain pins on backpacks.  It's like the city has taken a moment off, just for me.   Less than 2 weeks and this whole shitstorm of news will be over.  It gives one a reason to arise and rejoice.  What a beautiful morning."
.
I am going to try to hold on to that feeling for a while.
.
If I am lucky I'll make it through lunch.