Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Speaking of Marriage...


My guess is that if you are reading this, you know or will soon have an announcement of Ed and my marriage.
.
I am not sure what to add here. We flew to Palm Springs last week and drove into Gavin and Mickey's and had a small ceremony.
.
It was not spur of the moment thing, we just didn't want a huge deal. After all, we have been together for 14 years. But it was important to us. And, if Proposition 8 passes then we will have missed the chance.
.
I mean we could always get married in Massachusetts, but that isn't my home. LA is home and it was important. New York recognizes the Marriage. I mean, if California could go to the trouble to allow me to marry Ed, and New York has gone to the trouble to recognize it, it would be rude not to.
.
So, we are sorry we kept it from everyone who isn't in LA (or actually within about 4 miles of Gavin's house :-), but at least you didn't have to spring for plane fare.