Thursday, December 11, 2008

So you always see some things that change



Okay I am in LA for a few days, and on my way driving in from Palm Springs I come up the 10 through downtown LA.
.
I expect change, I am not stupid. And LA changes all the time, so I thought nothing would shock me (I was surprised to see the "Fung Shui Tower" lite up with strobes, but not shocked). Then I drove past the Olympic Auditorium.
.
Granted this is an old picture of the Olympic, but it hasn't really changed much. It was home to the boxing of the 1932 Olympics. It was the home of Rocky Balboa's big fight in Rocky 1. It was home to the Los Angeles Thunderbirds of Roller Derby Fame.
.
Now.... Now it is painted white, the Olympic medallions are off, and Korean symbols are on it and in English giant words that say "Holy Church of Jesus Christ"
.
I like religion as much as the next guy (providing the next guy is an agnostic who put up with a minister telling him that he was going to burn in hell no matter how nice he was to his grandmother), but would it kill them to leave on the outside Olympic Medals and the name "The Olympic Auditorium" somewhere. No it just an ugly white box now with big Korean letters.
.
I don't think that is what Jesus would want.