Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saw Hair Last Night...


.
Because I was seeing so many shows and review them last spring, Eddie and I never made it to Hair (someone else reviewed it). So Ed and I got great last minute seats last night and finally saw Hair.
.
It was 100% different from the movie, which is a good thing. I didn't really like the movie and I thought the plot didn't make a lot of sense. Turns out it isn't the plot of the play at all.
.
The two guys below are Claude and Berger, the titular "stars" of the show. And they were very very good (particularly Berger). But the black girl above (Sasha Allan who played Dionne) was the star for me. She kicked butt on the opening Age of Aquarius, White Boys and the key singer in much of the tribe (chorus) numbers.
.
It was a very fun night out. Ed and I both had a great time.
.