Thursday, October 08, 2009

It is a rare thing when...


It is a rare thing when you can pinpoint the moment when a play goes south. That critical misstep when the female writer / actress steps to far over the line - and then continues into the abyss.
.
And tonight, I saw one such moment.
.
This lovely lady, Antoinette Lavecchia, proud authoress and star of a one woman show, "How to Be a Good Italian Daughter" took that step off the edge.
.
Don't look away... I shall share it with you.
.
Was it as she played her mother AND herself as she was being born (in the birth canal)? No.
.
Was it the constant guilt trip about being a bad daughter because she was divorced? No.
.
Was it when she used her hands to portray her VaJayJay singing a little song? No, but we are getting warmer.
.
Was it when she used her hands to portray her VaJayJay AND upon see a handsome fellow say, (and I must quote here) - "He is like a tall drink of water.. is it possible to be thirsty AND wet at the same time?" Yes. That was the end of it.
.
I have to write a review of this - and I don't think I can actually say that in the review.