Wednesday, October 28, 2009

TV Addict Review of the Season So Far...

We all know I am a bit of a TV Addict. So let's see where we are so far in the season (per the random thoughts of Scooter).
So You Think You Can Dance.
.
Well, this show has finally started this week. I (and by I, I mean Ed and I since I don't give him the remote) don't really watch the audition shows. Why get your hopes up for someone who is just kicked off in 2 shows.
.
I have to say I like this season - but I like every season.
.
If you saw it last night, you know why. Some of the dancers are scary good. And I like that the judges give honest and helpful critics (even if they are a little full of themselves sometimes).
.
FYI - This would be unwatchable without Tivo.
.


Survivor Samoa.
.
Worst. Survivor. Ever.
.
First, it is rainy all the time. The people are miserable, and not "Scooter can make fun of them" miserable, just wet cold and not fun.
.
Second, turns out "Russel, the most diabolical Survivor Ever!" is merely "Russel, no one else get out of the shelter".
.
Third... well, no third, I am just a little over it.
.
4th - Hasn't Samoa experience a major Tidal Wave and disaster since this was filmed? Maybe you should mention that at some point .. althought the whole show is a disaster right now (rim shot.."thank you...I'm here all week... please tip your waitresses").
.
.
Modern Family.
.
Genius of a show. I loved when the grandfather had to watch the Ohio State game with the gay son-in-law from Illinois and said, "Great, I gotta watch this with Dick Butkus" and his son yelled that it was homophobic comment and the boyfriend had to explain this was a great Illinois alumni. .
And the gay son said, "Butt-kiss. Really? Is no one going to acknowledge this?" and it was just left hanging. .
Plus they named the Chinese baby Lily - and the grandfather said "Why don't you name her something she can say?" Ed O'Neill is genius.


.
Cougar Town.
.
Humph.
.
I liked it in the beginning, and it seems to be getting better. But it doesn't seem to be getting better fast enough.
.
Hell, I like seeing Courtney Cox (-Arquette) working, but the neighbor (from the old Drew Carey show) looks like she has had some AWFUL work done!

.
Fringe
.
I already said this. Creepy at night, stupid on Tivo.
.
It is only made acceptable by Joshua Jackson (loved him on Dawson's Creek).
.
Flash Forward.
.
Not fast enough.
.
Only so much tortured Joseph Fines I can take before I slap him something silly.

.
Dancing with the Stars.
.
Their hideous choice of talent this year actually got me to kick this habit.
.
I am 2 months DWTS Free!
.
Finally, I gotta say, Monday Nights on CBS is getting stale.
.
How I Met Your Mother... Meet the GD Mother already!
.
Two and 1/2 Men... You know a show is in trouble when the ventriloquist dummy is broken out.
.
Big Bang Theory... Still funny, but perilously close to jumping the shark. First, get Wollawitz out of those painted on pants (it stopped being funny and is now pathetic) and second let Raj speak around women. Raj silent as Penny all but moves in makes for stupid story.
.
And finally finally, I got to say something about NBC. Their "prime time" line up is so bad...
.
(how bad is it?)
..
their PRIME TIME LINEUP web site for shows lists Chuck (not coming back until March 2010), Southland (cancelled before being aired), America's Got Talent (I guess returning in July of 2010), 3 Law and Orders, 4 late night talk shows (for some reason the Tonight Show Experience is listed as a Prime Time show), one show on Direct TV only, one daytime soap opera AND a Saturday morning kid's cartoon.
.
It is like watching Bozo the Clown try to be the opening act for Pavarotti.
.
But their Sports kicks ass!