Wednesday, August 25, 2010

iTunes Luddite

In a way, I can't really get into Smart Phones per say..
.
And with each no one announced (this is a Dell $100 phone running on android) I realize I don't care. I have become a Luddite with regards to Smart Phones simply because I use iTunes for all my music.
.
Sure I love my iPhone Maps - which have proven invaluable for the Fringe Festival which have been at some off off off Broadway sites. I love NYTimes crossword puzzle and other games. I use the contacts across all my systems.
.
But in reality, the reason I care my iPhone is because I use it as an iPod. All my music is on there.
.
It is easy to buy, store, locate and import music and movies this way.
.
If there was an easy way to do that on my old Samsung dumb phone I would have been happy. I won't be thinking about moving off the iPhone until there is a way to easily sync up my iTunes.
.
And I mean Luddite simple - as in plug it in and drag things over. Not, techno-geek simple (I'm talking to you D Harris) methods of renaming a drive and shipping through a none-ip serve via Finland easy. I mean Grandma Moses easy.
.
I am a Luddite. Sad, but true with regards to mobile smart phones.