Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bite Me

From MSNBC: "People need to shake off this lethargy. People need to buck up," Obama told Rolling Stone in an interview to be published Friday. The president told Democrats that making change happen is hard and "if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren't serious in the first place."
.
If this quote is true, then I would like to return the favor to the President. Not serious, Bite Me.
.
I was serious enough to contribute time, money and effort to help get you elected.
.
I was serious enough to work to convince people (like my mom) you weren't a liar like John McCain.
.
I was serious enough to believe you and the "We're going to close Gitmo" line of BS.
.
I was serious enough to believe you when you said that you disagreed with the Bush secrecy, wiretapping and privacy issues.
.
And, I am now serious enough to understand that you are an excellent politician, but not a great leader.
.
And, I am now serious enough to think it doesn't make a heap 'o difference which of the parties gets into office.
.
I would quote your charming asshole of a Chief of Staff - but I try not to speak like that in print.
.
So thanks for berating me buddy. I am now disillusioned AND pissed off.
.
Yes. Seriously pissed off.