Friday, March 25, 2011

Ed, Simon and Scott

So Eddie and I went to a Journalist Benefit last night and ran into Simon Hobbs, an anchor for CNBC.  Simon is a great guy and we all had a ball.
.
And Yes - that is my own vintage tie which I love and have had for at least 20 years.  I got it from my Aunt Smitty's patient who passed away.  I had helped bath him for her (Aunt Smitty was about a million years old as a care worker and he was too heavy to get into the bath himself).  He gave me a couple of great 1950's cropped khaki bomber coats and two ties that I have had for almost 35 years - and were old when he gave them to me.
.

I love them - but rarely get a chance to take them out for a stroll.  A Gay / Lesbian Journalist Benefit was the perfect time!
.
PS: Compare the chin to the picture to the left!  Niiiiiiiice.