Friday, March 25, 2011

I Really Want to Go - but I am afraid my brain might explode

So this Saturday is a " Conservative Principles Political Action Committee Conference" in Des Moines.  And I kind of want to go.  Look who's coming (I'm quoting here from Daily Beast):
.

Here are the highlights to watch.
1. The Presidential Hopefuls on the Scene…
The parade of would-be GOP nominees will start bright and early with Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour just after 9 a.m., and it won’t let up for the rest of the day. He’ll be joined by Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Herman Cain. Add to that Rep. Michele Bachmann, who’s been seen as an unlikely candidate but is now rumored to be close to launching an exploratory committee, and John Bolton, the former U.N. ambassador. Keynote speaker Sen. Jim DeMint has also been mentioned as a contender butdoesn’t appear to be leaning that way. That’s a nearly full roster of the lesser-known end of the GOP slate, who need every opportunity they can to make an impression (Santorum, for example, has little name recognition but has been a frequent Iowa visitor.

.
Come on, doesn't that sound like a kick.  It start with Haley Barbour.  Haley - the KKK wasn't that bad Barbour.  Haley, "I heard Martin Luther King speak at the county fair" 3 years before he ever visited Mississippi.
.
And Michelle My-belle.  Michelle, our founding fathers were unwaveringly committed to ending slavery.  Come on!  I'm dying to go.
.
And John Bolton.  He was bitching that Obama wasn't bombing Libya - until he bombed Libya, now it is a horrible idea.  We should be attacked Iran. 
.
A Valium, Super Big Gulp filled with Margaritas and my cowboy boots and I would have a kick!  Until my head exploded.