Friday, May 13, 2011

Ron Paul: An Honest Politician (sometimes a dope - but Honest)

I kind of like Ron Paul.  The problem I have is that for all the positions I like (less foreign entanglements, more personal freedoms, less bedroom watching) there are the crazy positions like getting rid of the Fed and going back on the gold standard.  But I can get behind him because he doesn't have a shot in hell.
.
I did like his answer in the South Carolina primary to drug legalization.
.
So, the moderator asked, in an incredulous tone, "Senator Paul, you have actually advocated for decriminalizing Marijuana, Cocaine and even Heroin!  Do you still stand by that?"
.
Before answering, Ron Paul chuckled a little.  "You make it sound like the minute we decriminalize Heroin, everyone would run out and try it.  Like the fact it is illegal is what prevents people from using it."
.
I love that. It is a lovely small government answer - if you really believe in small government.