Saturday, September 17, 2011

Here's the thing (computers vs. people)

Here's the thing.  I don't know if it is a soul or what, as long as people listen to music for pleasure, or look at a landscape (natural or painted) for the feeling of freedom, or help the less fortunate because it is the right thing to do - as long as these things occur then we got it all over machines.
.
There are so many tasks a computer or machine can do better than us.  Sooner or later, they will be able to do any task better than us.
.
But when I take my iphone with me, and I have more computer power in my pocket than NASA did when we landed on the moon, I listen to music.  For joy.  For release.  For fun.  For memories.
.
A computer won't love it's family - just because they was always there whether needed or annoying or backstopping or caregiving.  A computer won't hike to a waterfall in Yosemite put it's arm around you and cherish the moment.
.
Not to belittle them, computers are extremely useful, helpful and ground breaking tools.
.
No reason - just thinking aloud.
.
Actually there is a reason... I wanted to tell everyone who reads this that I know how much I love them and enjoy my time with them.  And since I can't do it all the time, I will use the machine here to help me.