Monday, November 14, 2011

Sunday Night Didn't End on a High Note, but Here's to a good week

So poor Eddie had a Sunday travel day that sucked.  He was suppose to come home around 3PM from The Mini-Apple to New York.  But I got a text around 3 from the Minneapolis airport that he was delayed an hour.
.
I went to dinner with Lynn (who is in Brooklyn for training).  As I left, I got a text that it was another 2 hours he was to be delayed.  So he would be delayed now longer than the flight (and don't even factor in getting to the airport in time for security).
.
So I trek off to the deepest darkest Brooklyn Baby Zone.  I have dinner with Lynn and a co-worker.  Actually we had to leave one restaurant where they informed us they didn't have what we ordered, one item a t a time until Lynn had ENUF!  But the second place was yummy.

And then I try to get home.  I took the A/C TO Brooklyn, but it wasn't running on the way back, so I hiked over to the 2/3.  Only to find out the 2/3 was also closed for Sunday night.  My choice was the F shuttle Bus to the F (running on the E line) or the 4/5 to Grand Central and then the shuttle home.
.
So I hiked throughout Downtown Brooklyn to get to the 4/5 "passageway" (a long stinky underground sewer that connects 2 or more subway tunnels).  Get through it, thanking my good fortune for being constantly stuffed up due to allergies) and wait for the train, which takes a while on a Sunday night - only to almost miss it because I was on the wrong direction track (I do admit to getting turned around in sewers - and the signs that said "New Lots" and "Flatbush" make no sense to me.  In Manhattan it is either "Uptown / Downtown" which makes sense of "Brooklyn / Bronx" also makes sense.).  But I did race to the train and made it home with only a quick transfer at Union Square.
.
Meanwhile, somewhere in the Mid-west, Ed waited until late to board his plane so as not to go crazy during the mad dash - only to have no overhead space.  So they checked his bag to Newark.  NOT gate-check (which means you wait on the jetway), but Check Check. AS in go down, wait until the baggage bopys stop smoking and hope your bag shows up.
.
Here's to a better week.  It is starting off cold, ugly and overcast - so I got that going for me.  And, in walking Trevor I saw a Bum Fight and a homeless guy being hauled into an ambulance.
.
Ah... Life in the cultural capital of the world.