Sunday, November 13, 2011

What a Wretched Week-End and Fucked Time to Be Alone

Ed is on a long planned trip to his family for the week-end.  It was a great trip and I am thrilled for him, he had fun.
.
But what a wretched week-end it has been.  Week-end football, an escape, has been a constant reminder that people can be vile disgusting creatures.
.
You see the Penn State College Football team spent the week-end trying to come to gripes with their hero being fallible.  No ones likes to admit that.  Much less that this man, so looked up to, could condone, if only by silence, the rape of a 10 year old child in his locker room.  And the continued access to the locker room by the rapist.  In the name of what? Friendship?  Camaraderie? Utter devaluation of life of children?
.
Make no mistake, JoPa wasn't the worst.  He was merely aggressively ignorant, preferring to stay that way.  And I get it.  I get not wanting to follow up on someone close to you doing something so vile.  (The heavy and ugly overtones pertain to my father, long since dead.  Nothing recent and ugly.  Only old and ugly.)

.
Well, as for jumping to online life... The fact that the rapist screwed a little boy has allowed the cranks on the internet to begin to scream that this is what faggots do,you see.  If the people that hate me would only take an ounce of that hatred towards fags, and turn it towards the man who screwed kids, I would be happy.  But there have already been pages and pages written about how this means gays shouldn't get married.  I am too tired to even point out that the (alleged) perpetrator was legally married to a woman.  This (alleged) piece of shit shouldn't be held up as a validation of anything, except perhaps chemical castration.

.
So in an attempt to distract myself, I decided to go see a play with friends.  It was a vane and worthless attempt.   Long story short (too late), the friends couldn't go and I went by myself.  To see a well acted, well written story of the birth of an attractive, charming, sociopath.  One who destroyed people  because, well you know, he was charming and cute and could.
.
Not the thing to see to put one in the mood of flowers and puppies.
.
I am taking the phone off the hook, putting on my headphones and hunkering down until Ed comes home and Monday arrives.  The internet, college football, TV and theater ruined for me for a while.  And that is fucked.