Saturday, January 12, 2013

I LOVE the Clothes of 30s and 40s

I love the clothes of the 1930s and 1940s.  If you watch Clifton Webb get dressed in Laura, you realize it is just a silly amount of clothes, but they are so beautiful.
.
And, I can pull most of it off.  But you need the hat.  I can't pull off the hat (I have huge ears that are off center).
.
It's too bad, because this stuff is gorgeous.  Look at these pictures of Ryan Gosling's outfits from Gangster Squad (although he is the clothes horse in the movie).  And you can't see the shoes, but I saw them in a spread and they are stunning.  Vintage and stunning.  The made his hats special.
.
With Emma Stone (who also looks amazing)



Even the casual clothes work (but that might be because he is cute).

Okay, most everything works if you are that cute.  But still, great clothes.