Thursday, November 14, 2013

Today at New York City Hall

I spoke today at the new York City Hall.  I had never been in before.
.
It was odd because you had to have business inside (there are plenty of external guard posts), and most city business is conducted elsewhere in various city buildings.  Even most committee meetings are in a building close by.
.
However, my Finance Committee meeting was in the main building.  Also weird, you could take pictures.  So much of New York City is no longer photographable (terrorism) that I was shocked no one stopped me.
.
Anyway, it is the oldest City Hall in Am erica that is still used for governmental functions... at least according to wWikipedia.  It is about 200+ years old now (built from 1810 - 1812).
.
Here are my pics (and yes, we received the thumbs up on the proposal).
.
The City Council Office.  I had to sign up to speak on the far right.

the entrance rotunda

the stairs in the rotunda

a portrait of Grover Cleveland - I liked it

George

This was cool, right in front of the building

Nathaniel Hale's statue across from of the building

New York's City Hall