Monday, June 02, 2014

Macbeth with Branagh at the Park Ave Armory


Now I love live theater, and get excited easily.  But even if you aren't a fan of live theater, per say, who would not get excited to see Kenneth Branagh in his New York debut as Macbeth.
.
Better, they are doing it at the Park Ave. Armory, a massive space, and building a stage in the middle.  Apparently there will be war and rain and mud and all.
.
We have been instructed to be prepared to get wet.
.
I am agog.
.
And Alex Kingston plays Lady M.
.
At first, I didn't really care.  I mean she was, apparently in a bunch of ER episodes or something like that, but I don't watch medical procedurals.  So I figured I don't know her.
.
But then I saw a picture.  It's River Song!  River Song from Dr. Who!
.
So doubly excited.
.
We have tickets for Wednesday night!
.