Wednesday, July 02, 2014

It's Not Heaven - It's Iowa

This movie makes every dude cry.  Even one's that aren't enamored with their dads.
.
Well, I am preparing for my first trip to Iowa tomorrow.  Iowa, ancestral home of many things I love.
.
Both of Ed's parents were born in Iowa.  Lauren was from the Quads (of which I think 1/2 are in Iowa - but don't hold me to that).  Home of the most effect male chick-flick ever made.
.
Anywho, we are going for a wedding.  Ed's cousin in getting married.  And, while we are there, Ed and I decided to drive up to Fonda to see where his parents are from.  Yes, Fonda, Iowa.
.
Now, my odd habit is to check house prices everywhere I go, in case I decide this is a good place to retire.  I don't plan to retire inIowa, but it is habit.  So what turns up on Zillow.  Ed's grandparent's house.  Yes the house that little Eddie visited as a child is up for sale.
.
The farm off the main highway (seriously, that is the main highway).
Pictures!
The Neppl Abode (chicken coop removed)