Friday, August 29, 2014

It is AMAZING how Proactive Microsoft Windows Support Has Been lately... I don't even have a Windows Computer

So I assume anyone who reads this will not fall for the scam of which I will speak.  I am positive you will not.  After all, you are all intelligent, attractive, forthright ladies and gentlemen.
.
A scam that I used to get about once a quarter has been hitting me lately every other day I am at home.  Someone calls from "Microsoft Windows Support" to explain my computer is a mess.  Sending errors messages (to the Global Windows Server) and infected with Malware.
.
Today I, as I always do, said, "Look, I know this is a scam, try some one else."  But "Sergi... I mean Sam" told me no, I had a real problem.
.
So I played along for a while.   Was I in front of my computer? Yes.  What did I see on my screen? My desktop.  What about my keyboard, what was the key in the lower left corner?  Control.  How about next to that?  Option.
.
Sir, do you see the key that looks like the Windows icon, it should be right there? No, Sergi..er Sam.  I don't have that key because I am on a Apple Computer and you are trying to scam me.  I told you I wasn't a f*cking idiot.
.
I hear Sergi explaining this "problem" to his boss in the background (because idiots don't have a"hold" button").  Sergi's boss mumbled, grunted and (I assume) wavedhis hands until Sergi's said to him, "What?"  And I hear the boos say, "Hang up the f*cking phone".
.
I knid of enjoyed that too much.
.