Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Say It An't So Joe...

Say it ain’t so.  Michael Sam may be going to the cowboys.  Argh.
.
You don’t understand, this means I may have to root for the Dallas Cowboys.  Again.  I haven’t been so annoyed since the Troy Aikman era.
.
I don’t like the cowboys.  From their rootin’ tootin’ fan base of yee haws, to the silly star they wear on their helmets.  (I do like Cowboy hats and Cowboy boots, but usually on more rugged horse and ropin’ Cowboys).  I didn’t like Tom Landry and that damn hat.  I hated Jimmy Johnson and his thinly veiled homophobia (and constant attacks on Troy).  I didn’t like Barry Switzer because he was, you know, Barry Switzer.
.
And for the last few years they have descended into a simple mediocre place where I can ignore them.
.
But if they pick up Michael Sam, I will have to root for them.  You see, it’s Michael Sam, and as the first out football player, well, I have to have his back.  Once we get a couple more to come out, then I can move on.  But if we expect Michael Sam to represent us, act professionally and make gayville proud, we have to support him.  You have to have his back so… it pains me but…
.
Yee Haw.  Go Cowboys (bang bang bang)
.