Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Benalux in Milwaukee

Last week-end, Eddie and I went to Madison for the football game.  We flew into Milwaukee first for the day and visited some friends of Ed's - who had been in NYC checking out colleges a couple of years ago.

.
This is Patti and Emma (along with Ed and I).  We all ate at a nice restaurant in the "Third Ward" - Milwaukee's hip downtown area.  And it was very cute.
.
I expected "Benalux" to be a little fancy-schamcy European.  But no, it was great food.  The "Benalux" in the name primarily referring to the Belgian beers it had on tap.  But here is the thing.
.
I don't understand why Patti and Emma are not as fat as houses.  If I lived there I would be.

.
This is a specialty of the house.  And one Emma recommended. What is it you ask.
.
It is a cheese curd, wrapped in a meatball and deep fried.  And it is delicious!
.