Thursday, August 06, 2015

Jon Stewart leaves the Daily Show and Scooter Weeps a Little

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show and I am dealing with it as best I can.
.
I don't love Jon Stewart because he calls out Fox.  It is just a happy side effect.
Adios Motherf*cker
No, here is the thing.  I am a little crazy.  In the same way the Sun is a little hot or Lindsey Graham is a little gay.  That is, I am way crazy.
.
And, being way crazy, I often find reality too much for me.  The casual indifference to our nation's poor.  The international bombings and wars we start, participate in and/or finance - and we then ignore.  The all consuming hatred our Christian TV talking heads show, which seems diametrically opposed to the whole "Christian Love" ideal.
.
So then I wonder if reality is more nuts than I am, and a deadly spiral can begin.
.
Jon Stewart sees the same craziness, and makes fun of it.  He laughs, he scolds, he snarks, he belittles.  But most of all, he makes me feel not alone when I often feel that I am.  I get why he wants to leave, it's hard having to deal with this 24/7.  To do it on TV must be wearing on your soul.
.
But, for me, it will be harder when he is gone.
.
Stephen Colbert was too meta for me.  His schtick was to embrace the crazy and run with it.  I hesitate to embrace the crazy ('down that road, thar be lions).
.
And so, I will miss Jon Stewart.  I will miss someone telling me that my world view makes sense.  That I am not alone in my particular craziness.
.
Alas and alackaday.